The safety of our workers, clients, partners, and the general public is our first priority on every jobsite. Our outstanding safety record and reputation for safe jobsites is a result of our commitment to Safety and a Zero Accident Safety Culture.
Our Zero Accident Safety Culture is reinforced daily throughout our organization and achieved by rigorous implementation of our Safety Program:
- Training- We know that 100% of accidents can be prevented through proper training and thorough application of that training on our jobsites. All Brinkman superintendents have OSHA 30-Hour Safety Training and are First Aid/CPR certified. All other project team members have a minimum of OSHA 10-Hour Safety Training. All employees are obligated to conduct their work in a safe manner, to stop work immediately to correct any unsafe condition that is encountered, and to take corrective action so that work may proceed in a safe manner.
- Safety Incentive Program- Each jobsite receives a monthly safety grade. Employees and subcontractors that emphasize safety on our jobsites are rewarded. Brinkman’s best safety performer and safest performing subcontractor are recognized and rewarded annually with the “Top Gun” Safety Award.
- Safety-Focused Daily Inspections- Each project is inspected throughout the day for safety concerns by Brinkman’s project team. There is a comprehensive safety-focused inspection conducted daily on every jobsite.
- JHAs / STAs- Planning to do our work safely is a crucial element of our safety program. Before every definable feature of work or task is completed, it is evaluated for its associated hazards and risks using Safety Task Assessments (STAs) and Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs).
- Brinkman’s project teams develop project-specific safety plans for every job, taking into consideration the specific jobsite and surrounding public hazards and concerns. Prior to working on a jobsite, this safety plan is communicated to all craftsmen on the project.
- PPE Requirements- We require PPE for everyone on our jobsites including: hardhat, safety glasses, work boots, pants, shirts with sleeves, high visibility shirts or vests, ear protection, and face protection
We take safety very seriously and strive for safety excellence on our projects. When we say Zero Accident Safety Culture, we mean it!
Contact us if you are interested in receiving a full copy of our Health & Safety Manual.
Back to top