Brinkman Partners: Careers
Job Opening - Safety Manager
The Safety Manager will lead, administrate, coordinate, monitor, and train employees in all aspects of Safety for the entire organization. The Safety Manager will ensure compliance with Federal and State safety & health standards and regulations. The Safety Manager will supervise Field Managers and Safety Specialists, will organize and lead Companywide Safety Events, manage and provide internal training, and in conjunction with the HR Department, maintain individual training records. Attendance at outside events and seminars will be as required to maintain knowledge of current regulations, and maintain an effective approach to Safety. Interaction with Company Executives, Company Insurance Representatives, Field Managers, and OSHA will be ongoing. The Safety Manager will represent the Company at external Safety related events.
Position Type and Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time position requiring occasional evening & weekend hours as job duties demand.
Location: Colorado Front Range
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Building Construction Industry. Five of these years must be specific to safety oversight and management.
- Ability to provide in-house training and command a high level of Safety Performance.
- Professional Certifications, i.e. OSHA 30-hour, Competent Person Certifications, Qualified Trainer Certifications.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
- In depth knowledge of environmental and safety requirements.
- Building construction experience, and an understanding of building systems, means and methods of construction, and construction safety protocol.
- Ensure that employees have a safe working environment.
- Authorized to enforce actions which are necessary to ensure a safe work environment.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and standards affecting safety and environmental law.
- Insure the Company Safety Manual is compliant with all applicable standards.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation.
- Train field supervisors and staff to understand and implement applicable Safety and Environmental Regulations and Standards.
- Audit the Company’s safety performance.
- Develop safety-training programs and implement training.
- Develop, train, and supervise Safety Specialists.
- Assist Pre-construction, Project Management, and Field Supervision with project planning as related to safety.
- Attend pre-construction meetings with subcontractors engaged in high-risk activities. Provide safety agenda and assist in creating job specific safety plans.
- Coordinate with Project Owner’s Safety Representatives, policies, and procedures.
- Administrate and update accident investigation. Coordinate medical and insurance reporting.
- In conjunction with HR, process Workman’s Compensation claims and manage modified duty provisions.
- Coordinate and attend Insurance Company project inspections.
- Lead the Safety Committee Team.
- Coordinate with the Tool and Equipment Manager regarding the purchase and maintenance of safety-related equipment.
- Conduct regular field safety audits.
- Plan and administrate the Company Safety Incentive Program.
- Plan and coordinate the annual Company Sub-Contractor Appreciation and Safety Recognition Event.
- The Safety Manager is an authorized Company spokesperson on OSHA inspections. The Safety Manager will accompany OSHA on inspections, answer OSHA inquiries, record all conversations, take photos, and prepare data to be used in the event of the issuance of an OSHA citation.
- Keep statistical information on all accidents, their investigation and costs, and report this information on a timely basis to the Management Team.
- Keep managers and field personnel advised of federal, state and other safety regulations. Furnish interpretations of these regulations as required.
- Provide a safety newsletter and / or advisory memorandums to supervisors and employees.
- Prepare information regarding accident prevention, and distribute safety literature.
- Oversee environmental requirements and procedures of projects.
This job description may not be a complete listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be modified by the Management Team.
Mission, Core Values, and Culture
- It's essential for our team members to believe in our mission, embody our
core values, and live our culture. Read more about these here.
apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Back to Careers
Back to top